CYBER-Alaska Long Range Plan Wiki
This Semester (Spring 2012)
- Finish Memorandum of Understanding paperwork with district, get official district approval for project.
- Begin live interactive browser-based firmware programming environment.
- Begin simple tabletop mobile robot platform: motors, sensors.
- Begin simple building infrastructure platform: heater, fan, thermistor.
- Initial HW/SW tests with students in Sandi Ryan’s classroom.
- Mike & Steven finish Communicating Science course.
This Summer (Summer 2012)
- Finish software and hardware needed for classrooms in fall.
- Symposium: train teachers on our technology, and collaboratively hammer out curriculum design for fall. Tentative date is July 9 through July 20, but this is subject to change.
Next Semester (Fall 2012)
- First actual classroom run. Which classrooms? Larry? Jeremy? Robyn? Sandi?
Generally, build out online simulation infrastructure: add detailed mechanical simulation (force, torque, momenta) to mobile robot platform, add fluid heat flow (convection) to building simulation.
- Deploy mobile robot to larger (dog sized) platform? Integrate Kinect sensor?
- Deploy building infrastructure to an actual building?
- Detailed assessment and lessons learned.
- Grant ends, February 2015.
Please modify this page with your ideas/comments! Just hit “edit”!